Plant-based or plant-forward eating patterns focus on foods primarily from plants. This includes not only fruits and vegetables, but also nuts, seeds, oils, whole grains, legumes, and beans. It doesn’t mean that you are vegetarian or vegan and never eat meat or dairy. Rather, you are proportionately choosing more of your foods from plant sources.”Harvard Health Publishing | Harvard Medical School
Most of us were not raised to eat a vegetarian or vegan diet, but the long term health benefits of plant-based eating, healthy weight loss, and the reversal of chronic health conditions have been researched and reported for decades.
I’ve read articles for a couple of years but nothing convinced me to truly transition to plant-based eating until watching some high profile documentaries and listening to these renown healthcare professionals that include top cardiologists, surgeons, nutritionists, athletes and more.
If improved health and longevity is your goal or just curious—here are a some resources that were helpful to me and my husband. I will continue to add to the list, so feel free to bookmark this page.
- Nutrition Facts — The latest in peer-reviewed nutrition and health research in easy to understand bites.
- Plant-Based Health Professionals — Downloadable fact sheets, disease specific information and list of films
- True Health Initiative — World renown experts combating fake facts with evidence-based, fundamentals of lifestyle and medicine.
- Plant-Based Grocery List
Let thy food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.HIPPOCRATES (400 BC)
Documentaries & Interviews with Physicians, Health Professionals & Athletes
- Forks Over Knives — “Let food be thy medicine” is put to the test as everyday people with common chronic conditions aim to take control of their lives and an reduce dependency on medications. View Trailer.
- The Game Changers — a must-see for athletes or anyone who is concerned about eating meat protein for strength. View Trailer.
- What The Health — what leading health organizations do not want us to know about how they profit from our chronic illnesses. View Trailer.
- Why Doctors Don’t Recommend Veganism Series
- What I Eat in a Day?
- World’s Top Nutrition Experts Explain Scientific Proven Benefits of a Whole Food Plant Based Diet
- The Benefits of a Whole Food Plant Based Diet and The Consequences of Unhealthy Lifestyles Choices